What We Do
At Lollipops Botany our teaching and our perspective on children’s learning is driven by our philosophy. Our philosophy is based on the four principles of Te Whāriki; the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum:
- HOLISTIC DEVELOPMENT
- FAMILY & COMMUNITY
By using these principles our aim is to empower children to become lifelong learners.
We believe to achieve this aim we must:
- Be aware of the developmental levels, interests and strengths of each child.
- Use this information to provide rich, problem solving opportunities to foster each child’s self-confidence, curiosity and perseverance in order to strengthen the child’s identity of themselves as competent learners.
- Build quality partnerships with parents, whānau and the community as we acknowledge the integral part we all play in the development of the child.
- Provide a rich, inclusive, nurturing environment for children to develop holistically.
- Recognise and respect each child’s individuality and differences.
- Acknowledge and celebrate the diverse backgrounds of the children in our care, and the special place of Maori as tangata whenua.