What We Do
We are a reflection of a unique community of people connected through: children, parents, whanau, management, teachers, cooks ... who:
- are driven by children's/tamariki excitement and wonder for life
- hold an image of the child as a unique soul, one who can express themselves through multiple intelligences
- choose to deeply engage with children through play, to foster their individual identities, their thinking and creativity may soar to new heights
- warmly embrace learning landscapes that invite inclusiveness, provoke curiosity and encourage children's desire to learn
We are a reflection of a learning community in Aotearoa New Zealand who:
- nurture and empower tamariki to engage in respectful relationships with the natural world. These 'Taonga' have intrinsic beauty and Mauri /life force that both nurture a child’s wāirua/spirit and foster their creativity and expression
- embrace partnerships with tamariki, whānau, teachers and researchers both within our local and wider communities, guided by Ata, the principle of growing respectful relationships
- rely on the pedagogies of listening and relationships, as platforms for thinking and moving towards meaning with sensitivity and courage
- incorporate thinking and teaching practices underpinned by Te Tiriti o Waitangi and by NZ’s Early Childhood Curriculum Te Whāriki, which recognise Māori as Tangata Whenua
We are a reflection of the world we live in:
- a community of lifelong learners who: welcome children from this generation – leaders of the future
- embrace change, innovation, discovery, research and theory
- acknowledge the holistic nature in which we all develop through the multidimensionality of learning
- celebrate the rich diversity of the languages and cultural experiences that families bring to our centre.
Our Reggio Inspired Centre
The programmes are anchored on two pillars of education: Te Whāriki- the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum and the values of the Reggio Emilia educational programme.
Our Reggio Emilia-inspired approach to learning and teaching focuses on fostering relationships amongst children, teachers, parents, community, and the environment, building on the premise that each child is unique, has an in-built desire to connect with others and engage in meaningful learning.