Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Lollipops New Plymouth. Here are just a few of them:
- Three healthy meals a day provided (and we cater for allergies and intolerances)
- Exciting excursions including visits to the ambulance bay at the hospital, the helicopter pad, the museum and library
- All activities are guided by the interests of our tamariki
- Discounted sibling rates
- Extended hours great for working parents (6.45am - 5.30pm Mon to Fri)
- Only closed on public holidays
- 20 hours free for three year olds
- We encourage whanau input in our planning and activities
- Multicultural centre
- Regular celebrations including birthdays, cultural days, Red Nose Day, Loud T-Shirt Day
- Daily water play
- Rolling kai, so children learn when they are hungry rather than teachers telling them
- Teachers have expertise with children who need extra learning support or have extra health needs
- Huge brand new outdoor area
- Primary caregiving for under 2s
- Weekly kapa haka
At Lollipops New Plymouth we value:
Each child, whānau member, teacher and visitor is treated with respect and diversity is valued. Everybody knows that they are accepted for who they are and that they can make a difference.
We develop a sense of responsibility for the well-being of people, the environment (particularly the natural environment) and the world around.
We develop verbal and non-verbal, culturally appropriate communication skills in the context of thoughtful interactions within a language-rich environment.
Mana Reo/Literacy and Numeracy
We gain knowledge of symbols, literacy and mathematics within an environment that is rich in meaningful literacy and numeracy opportunities.
All children grow up strong in their identity, language and culture. Māori children experience educational success as Māori.
We develop independence and self-help skills through having choices and autonomy in areas of play and routine as appropriate to each individual.
We develop social skills that enable us to establish and maintain friendships and participate reciprocally in whanaungatanga relationships.
“Together may we give our Tamariki the roots to grow and the wings to fly.”
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 100 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.