Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Lollipops Patten Street. Here are just a few of them:
- Extended opening hours (7.30am to 6pm) great for working parents
- Homely and supportive environment
- Enthusiastic, caring teachers
- We welcome and encourage family/whanau involvement
- Regular celebrations including Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Chinese New Year, International Child’s Day, and Matariki
- Multicultural inclusive environment
- Online tool ‘StoryPark’ enables parents, whanau and staff to work together to support development and learning for each child
- Children have the chance to increase their knowledge and understanding of Maori language, culture and practices
- Five purpose built rooms to cater for every developmental stage in the early years
We believe that every child is unique, and we aspire to build their confidence and identity as successful learners. We aim to teach and nurture children within a safe and caring environment where the early childhood curriculum Te Whaariki forms the basis of both planned and spontaneous opportunities, and where teachers are inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophies.
We recognise that children’s cognitive, social, cultural, physical and emotional development is holistically woven together through the education and care that we offer. Children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and behaviour as they explore, discover and take risks. Respectful relationships are modelled to help children build their understanding of themselves, others and the environment. Teachers support children’s thinking, questioning and interests, focusing on the process not the answer or the product.
Partnership with parents and families is fostered as we strive to build strong links between home and the centre. We value the differing cultural backgrounds and beliefs that families bring and celebrate the diversity and richness that this contributes to our centre. We are committed to the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa New Zealand and all children will have the opportunity to increase their knowledge and understanding of Maori language, culture and practices.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.