Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Lollipops Takapuna. Here are just a few of them:
- Healthy Heart meals provided including for those with special dietary needs
- Two separate outdoor areas for different age groups enable children to explore safely at their own pace
- Regular walks in the local community (e.g. library, beach, parks)
- Excellent transition to school programme including established partnership with Takapuna Primary School
- Multicultural environment, including many families that have recently arrived in New Zealand
- Skilled staff work collaboratively to settle children from other nations using many strategies to create a strong sense of security, belonging and wellbeing
- Our staff speak several languages and we believe in teaching children in their first language whenever possible
- We celebrate cultural days of all families represented at our centre
- Our team is skilled in adapting teaching practice for children with diverse needs, abilities and strengths
- Close relationship with our neighbours, the Takapuna Methodist Church
- Two parent evenings each year including dinner and guest speakers
- Annual summer excursion (e.g. Auckland Zoo, Kiwi Valley Farm Park, Butterfly Creek)
We believe in providing a welcoming second home for our children and whānau, where they are acknowledged, enjoy a strong sense of belonging and know that they have a place. Our teachers acknowledge and affirm that our curriculum is bicultural: we respect and reflect the unique place of Māori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi and acknowledge and validate the diverse backgrounds of our whānau, their values and virtues.
Open communication with our parents and whānau is the foundation to having positive and reciprocal relationships and is the cornerstone of this partnership. It is through this that we maintain a respectful environment where our children are nurtured and loved through a curriculum of care, focussing on kindness and in taking pleasure in our connections with each other. These relationships and connections are the basis for all learning and development.
We are committed to making a difference in our children’s lives by creating a trusting environment where their emotional safety and security is supported. We respect the natural unfolding of each child’s development, their interests, capabilities and learning dispositions. Our tamariki learn skills through strong and secure relationships in order to grow their social competency. By collaborative power sharing, we are offering choices in problem solving, social skills, negotiating and decision making to foster the development of curious well-rounded learners that are developing the skills to make positive choices, act responsibly and make a valuable contribution to their learning community.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.